Members and Friends,
New Website and Member Portal Are Here! We are excited to announce our newly revamped website! The new website provides a clearer tool for communicating with you, policymakers and the public regarding our growing and dynamic ecosystem. Be sure to go to the website for an updated events calendar, the latest news discussing the industry and more! Check out our new website today at www.vabio.org.
Member access. The new website is also integrated with our new association management system to provide streamlined member access, simplified navigation and a more user-friendly format. With your new login, you will be able to:
- Register for events
- Update your profile information
- Track event attendance
- View/Pay invoices
- ...and more!
If you are a member of Virginia Bio, you must create your new login. This will give you access to the new Member Compass, which allows you to update your profile and access exclusive content. Don’t worry…all of your previous information is already in the new membership system; we merely need you to create new credentials. The first time you log on, please follow these instructions
- Go to the member login page at members.vabio.org/login.
- Enter your email address and follow the prompts.
- If the email entered is connected to your profile, you will be prompted to set your new password.
- If we do not have the email on file in our new system, you will be prompted to create a new account.
Once you have logged in, you will be taken to your Member Compass to update your profile, see events that you are registered for, pay invoices, and more. Be sure to update your profile! We are excited for you to join us on this new platform. If you have any questions during your registration process, please contact Amy Rose.
Please click here to see the most current information and registration links for all of Virginia Bio’s and our industry’s events. Here is a summary of upcoming events, as of this writing:
- September 13-14, 2021: BioHealth Capital Region Virtual Forum, September 13-14. For the 7th straight year Virginia Bio is co-hosting this regional event. More importantly, Virginia is taking a leading role in forming and placing Virginia companies on several panels under the theme “Big Bio…Big Data...Converging.” Last year’s event saw over 1000 registered.
- September 30, 2021: Women Building Bio 2021! Join us on September 30th for the 6th year of Women Building Bio. We are planning a "hybrid virtual" event; affording an opportunity for attendees to gather in small groups across the Commonwealth if desired. We are looking for your interests, experiences, speaker ideas as we create the program for another “can’t miss” event.
- October 19-21, 2021: George Mason University’s Accelerate 2022 Pitch Competition. From the website: “The competition fuels innovation-based business growth by showcasing the best and brightest new business concepts to potential investors to foster their development within Metro DC. The competition targets entrepreneurs with early- to mid-seed-stage businesses[.]”
- October 27-29, 2021: Southeast Life Sciences AdvanSE Annual Conference and PitchRounds, October 27-29, Charleston, SC. This is the southeast’s main event for the biopharma, medtech, diagnostic, and digital health industries wishing to do business in the region. It will also include PitchRounds, Southeast Life Sciences’ annual small company pitch presentation. We encourage our members to attend the AdvanSE and PitchRounds.
Your Ideas. Virginia Bio wants to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com with your ideas, comments, suggestions and advice regarding how Virginia Bio can best support you and our biotechnology ecosystem.
Please stay safe and let us know how we can help you. Thank you for all that you do to make Virginia’s life science ecosystem stronger!